Nerdy Chicks Rule!!!


For the second year in a row, I signed up for  Nerdy Chicks Kidlit Summer School. For those that don't know about it, it's a 4 week, online,  FREE (yes, it's amazing AND it's free!!) writing workshop graciously run by Kami Kinard and Sudipta Bardhan-Quallen, who are both successful, Kidlit authors in their own right! Each day, for four weeks, they have published guest blogger, who talks about their process and a different aspect of writing. They usually have an exercise sheet to download so you can apply what you've learned to your own work. For more info, you can go to http://nerdychicksrule.com/
I thought last year was great, but they raised the bar and this year was amazing! They had great bloggers again, but they added extra webinars  (which I still don't know how to participate in,lol. Maybe next year.) and they also had a drawing contest. You had to create a "Nerdy Chick" and post it before the summer school ended. I was so busy this summer that I barely had any time to do it, but I managed to eek out a little time today and create this little character.
 I played with the balance of digital and pencil line again. It was a bit rushed, but overall, I'm pleased with my progress. The great thing this time, was that due to the time constraint, I had only a couple of hrs to design and color it and it wasn't as much of a struggle to go that fast this time. If I have some time in between work, I will revisit the rendering of this character. I'm really loving playing with this new style!! (Click on image to enlarge.)
 

No comments:

Post a Comment