Cat Studies - Process


I've been working on a personal project in between work and have needed to brush up on my cat drawing. This is part of my character development process. I like to do lots of pages of these before I settle on the way a character looks.  By the time I get to the last batch of  sketches, not only does the face, shape of the body and the movement become more consistent, but the actual personality of the character starts to reveal itself. It's a very exciting part of the process for me and I always look forward to that moment of "Ah-ha...That's him!!"  
These are a few of the character sketches I did for the mc in this project.  I think I'm finally getting the body shape and movement down, but the face still might change, I'm on the fence about it. Guess I'll have to wait a bit longer for the "ah-ha" celebration  :o) (Click on image to enlarge.)

No comments:

Post a Comment