Conference Recap and Drawn to Picture Books Post



Well, the NJSCBWI conference is over, my summer postcard mailer is sent out, winding up a side job and have been working on my book again!
 
June 2016 Post Cards


 This particular conference/chapter is just outstanding (I really have to dedicate one whole blog post to this subject one day)! I'm not an official NJ SCBWI member, because I live in NY, but I'm one in my heart and would do anything to help out the leaders of this chapter! Kudos to all who have had a hand in making it what it is today!  If you've never been to their annual conference, I urge you to attend  at least once, you won't be sorry and it I guarantee it definitely wouldn't be your last time!
 

Aside from the great workshops, meet and greet, intensives , the juried art show, meeting up with old friends and making new ones...One of the most exciting things that happened, was that I finally got to meet one of my illustrator idols...multiple Caldecott winner and amazing artist... David Wiesner! Even though I completely "dorked out" in front of him (multiple times!!),  I still managed to get a signed book and came away with some pearls of wisdom.

To find out more about that, and see some of the art I did for the conference, use the following link: 

and hop on over to the group blog I belong to...
Drawn to Picture Books and read my post this week. As always, feel free to leave me a message in the comment section, I'd love to hear your thoughts!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment