Halfway There



So...Here we are in July 2015. Sadly, most people seem to be mourning the passing of the first half of the year, but I'd rather celebrate what I've accomplished so far, so... I checked out my goals list that I made at the beginning of this year and here's what I see...
  • Experiment with/develop new rendering style...CHECK! Although I feel like I want to continue experimenting with the digital, I have worked really hard and felt confident enough in my new direction to start creating finished pieces, beyond the colored sketches. The piece above is  a new piece that I'm working on and I'm about halfway there. (click on image to enlarge)
  • Continue working on humans...CHECK! I have continued  sketching/painting people. I'm pleased with the progress and feel a bit more confident with each drawing, so I'll continue to work on that aspect through out the rest of the year.
  • Write, Write, Write...CHECK!!!  After years of avoidance,  I've discovered that writing is not so scary after all!  After a bit of a struggle getting started, I found that I am a "visual-writer" and have learned to embrace the process...MY process...of developing a story. I have 1 picture book that I've started to submit, I'm currently working on another and have 3 more in various stages of progress. Anyone that knows how long it took me to be comfortable with writing, knows that being "here" is an epic accomplishment!
Are there things on my list that haven't gotten done yet...sure, I'm only human, but these were the big three on the  list. So overall, I would have to say that I am really, pretty happy with what I've accomplished during the first 6 months of 2015 and looking forward to making continued  progress in all three original areas and maybe a few more <wink> !

No comments:

Post a Comment