Still Experimenting...Train Girl - a quick digital color study


So, yet another attempt at a digital color study of an existing sketch. I was playing with the lighting and coloring to give it a more dramatic feel. Again, digital does have it's perks, because I don't feel comfortable doing this on an existing, finished, traditional painting. I felt a lot free-er playing with a quick digital color study over a scanned sketch. 
I think I just have to find a medium that will give the same purity of color that digital does, but have a slight bit more of the textural quality that like. I also can't seem to get used to using a pen on a very small Wacom work surface. I prefer the feel and control of a paintbrush on paper. Old habits are hard to break ! ;o)  (Click on image to enlarge)

No comments:

Post a Comment